Tuesday, April 21, 2009

day 2

i was first introduced to my new brother on sunday at around 3 pm, which (if you're keeping track) was just a mere 48.5 hours ago. there are some ways in which it seems as though chuy has always been around; however, there are many ways in which he mostly feels like the total stranger that he is. he has started to follow me around a lot, taking my lead, trusting that i know what is safe, which is cool... being a big brother brought some purpose and responsibility to my life, and made me feel more confident.

the one thing that
really bugs me is that chuy is still so skittish! the very sound of mommy's voice still sends him speeding for shelter. heck, he is even scared of his own shadow. i, on the other hand, only run & hide from the parents when they're reaching for me and i'm not in the mood to be held or picked up. otherwise, mommy can lie down next to me while i'm eating and scratch my head, or feed me a carrot (yum), and i won't even twitch a whisker so, anyway every time chuy jumps in fear, i jump in fear, too; although i easily warm up to familiar surroundings, i am still a guinea pig, and we are pretty skittish creatures by nature; therefore, when chuy runs away like he saw a Peruvian with a skewer, i am going to run, too! i ain't no dummy! but most of the time, there is no reason to run. the extra exercise and adrenalin sure make me hungry!

so, all i want is for Chu to chill out! other than that, he's cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment